As a key member of the creative team, the Creative Copywriter will work in close partnership with our Creative Director and clients to develop advertising concepts and deliver the words, slogans, audio scripts, social posts, and verbal content that accompanies their visual elements. Accuracy is essential—The copywriter is accountable for verifying that the content being advertised is truthful and that it complies with the codes of advertising practice. Although others may examine the final copy, the copywriter is also responsible for checking spelling and grammar. The ideal candidate will work well with clients, will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, and will have superior written and interpersonal skills. In addition, this individual will be highly creative and imaginative, have a professional demeanor, and be able to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Important attributes include a willingness to learn, an ability to work alone or with a team, the ability to take initiative, and they should have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
Bachelor's Degree or higher
MUST have a minimum 3 years industry experience within a similar capacity
Skills and Personal Qualities
The creative copywriter should:
- Practice excellent quality control and proofing skills, both for themselves and team members.
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Maintain patience and self-confidence.
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services.
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Be highly self-motivated and well organized.
- Be able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback.
- Work within strict budgets.
- Have the ability to effectively manage multiple multi-phased projects simultaneously.
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- Meeting with account managers to discuss the client's requirements and core messages.
- Familiarizing themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team.
- Presenting initial ideas to the Creative Director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts.
- Writing various copy options, which may be presented to the client.
- Modifying copy until the client is satisfied.
It is important that the creative copywriter maintain an interest in:
- Commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
- Why loyal customers buy certain products.
- Competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies.
- Creative, friendly, work environment.
- Paid vacation.
- Dental and Medical plans available.
- Retirement plan available.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity for career advancement in a fast-growing, energetic company.
- Applicants should submit a copy of their resume, writing samples, and salary requirements.