GLAD WORKS Team New Year's Resolutions 2015
With 2015 beginning this week, the GLAD WORKS gang gathered round to share our goals for the coming year. The team's resolutions were so much fun that we thought we'd bring them to our wonderful and devoted blog readers. Read on to see what your favorite GLAD WORKS team members have up their sleeves.
Kristen: This year I'm really going to bust through the winter blahs by ignoring the fact that it's cold outside. Fresh air is the best medicine of all, and I'm going to take as much of it as I can get! I'm heading outdoors to walk, run, play with my kids, whatever it is that I feel like doing. Except going in the pool. That would be nuts.
Emily: I've given it some thought and I think my new year's resolution will be to finally enact a more frugal lifestyle. I have a tendency to spend extra money on cute stuff from ModCloth, when it's better off in a savings account. I'm already quivering from fashion withdrawal, but I am determined to make this work, you guys.
Piero: Purchase fewer watches. Increase intake of caffeinated carbonated beverages.
Liz: After careful consideration, I hereby resolve to do the following (in no particular order):
- Learn more of the cool new features in Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 (before the next build comes out). I recently had a chance to use the live curve preview and curving corner points in Illustrator as well as the ability to drag-and-drop table rows and columns in InDesign. The design geek in me was squealing with delight.
- Improve my overall ability to focus by thinking of multi-tasking as consecutive-tasking instead, which is how the brain really works. I stumbled across some great articles last night about ways to improve mental focus (might Googling stuff be part of my focus problem?) when I came across a neat blog post. In it, the author uses the phrase "one think at a time" and it has really stuck with me. It's my new mantra.
- Maintain enough other interests in life that I can hold a conversation without telling ANY diaper-related stories.
Juli: My New Year's Resolutions are:
- Get back to the gym on a regular basis
- Learn new time management techniques (for both home and work)
- Regular date nights with my husband
- More family time
- More DIY home improvement projects
What can I say? I'm ambitious!
Evangelia: My 2015 New Year resolution is to take better care of my family and myself and have less stress! Whether that means getting back to the gym, or playing outside more often with my girls, I want to have a healthier and happier year ahead! I’d like to volunteer more, jump in the snow and make snow angels with my 1 and 2-year-old little ladies, or just find the time to relax more often. I’m looking forward to the excitement a new year will bring and enjoying every moment with the people I love most!
Amie: In 2015, I'd like to expand my goat herd (yup, you read that right) to include Alpacas and Shetland Sheep. I already have a promising herding dog getting ready to help me keep them safe. If she'll just stop eating my gummy vitamins, we'll be ready to move on with the master plan.
Mattie: I have at least one pair of shoes in every single closet in my house. This needs to end and I'm really feeling like 2015 is my year!
Brittany: I'm going for the EGOT, which is an acronym in reference to a person who has won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and a Tony. I have some ideas for how I'm going to do this. Wait for it.
What are your resolutions this year, GLAD WORKS friends?